Successful South San Francisco-based catering group seeks an experienced Executive Pastry Chef to join their team. The incumbent will be responsible for the execution of desserts, pastries and breads for all catering events in line with our philosophy of fresh, local, healthful and innovative cuisine.
The Pastry Chef will be comfortable managing a team of production cooks and bakers, and have at least 5 years of pastry, baking and dessert making experience in specified area or other related high volume operation required. Wedding cake decorating experience. Additional experience in high volume operation preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food according to standardized original recipes.
- Develop 4 new dessert/buffet presentations, 8 new plated desserts and a selection of 6 mignardiees for each of the four seasons per year including written standardized recipes and costing.
- Self-directed organization of production of all pastries, in-house baked breads and desserts.
- Present new ideas to Executive Chef for comment/approval.
- Knowledge of how to use all kitchen equipment and tools.
- Assists other chefs in the kitchen with the preparation of food for all catering events.
- Ordering and inventories for pastry department mise en place.
- Follow established health and safety standards.
- Ensure all pastry mise en place is fresh, properly stored and prepared.
- Production cooks - number depends on seasonal needs.
- 5+ years of pastry, baking and dessert making experience in specified area or other related high volume operation. Wedding cake decorating experience. Additional experience in high volume operation preferred.
- Excellent food preparation skills and ability to follow recipes and instructions.
- Knowledge of World cuisines as they relate to specific guest requests. Knowledge of kitchen equipment usage and proper food storage.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time. Able to lift and carry 50 lbs. Ability to use kitchen utensils in repetitive motions.
- Valid California driver's license.
- Other preferred job qualifications include: High-volume catering or restaurant experience. Foreign language skills (Spanish). Degree from an accredited Culinary School. Experience in the special events industry.
To apply, please email resumes to: email@example.com