An outstanding restaurant group in San Francisco is seeking a Lead Sommelier! **Must have previous restaurant experience in a reputable restaurant!**
You will assist in the direction and coordination of the wine operations of the company. You will uphold the highest standards of service in accordance with protocols and practices as outlined in the cycles of service.
Financial and Administrative
- Physical wine inventory on the first day of every month, reconcile the TVA report, consignment sales, and transfers to accounting office and respective GMs
- Oversee the purchasing of all wine related product in accordance to monthly budgets.
- Oversight of tasting calendar. Approval of all tasting appointments with wine team members under the outlines provided by restaurant General Managers.
- Participate in weekly wine financial meetings with GM’s to review weekly revenue (flash report), monthly COG’s, variance reports, product mix and any invoice issues.
- Micros Management- Continually update Micros database by adding new wines, removing 86’d wines and create new numbers as needed
- Reporting on purchasing and inventory levels and status
- Weekly inventorying of corked wines
- Administer transfers and corked wines within the month of purchase
- Consignment inventory and auditing- Bass, Kaza, FWI, Cellar Masters and Renwick
- Comp auditing and approval
Train and provide direction to somms in wine service to the guests and support the captains/servers during nightly dinner service
Direct the daily wine matrix for all menus and the corresponding wine vellum inserts with floor sommelier assistance
Supervising the updates and production of wine lists, service documents, and tasting menus daily
Represent the wine department at daily line ups at either restaurant as needed
Educate FOH staff on new wines, 86’d items, and one count list at both restaurants
Determine wine selections and oversee service of the private dining room. Direct floor sommeliers private dining wine service needs at both operations.
Direct the physical inventory of the cellar; racking and restocking wines, processing deliveries
Education and Development
Work closely with Chef to develop food and wine knowledge, and pairings for staff education
Create the Wine Education calendar and lead wine classes
Training any new sommeliers that start during the transitional period, as well as assisting the new wine director when he/she starts
Maintain professional relationships with purveyors and wine industry professionals
Projects and Professional development
Compensation & Schedule
Full time position- 5 days a week, daily hours to be determined
An occasional 6 day work week will be required
Annual base salary 85-90K DOE
Nightly tips – 2 points from the tip pool
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org