The Director of Operations will run the operations in the territory(ies) owned by our LLC in the San Francisco Bay area.
You will market the proprietary alcohol and food inventory control business to the hospitality industry in the territories to build a client base of recurring inventory audits and leased software packages. The position will require extensive prospecting in the first few years.
The position will be responsible for hiring, training and managing a team of inventory auditors who will perform the physical counts. As the business grows, the position will then hire Account Managers, responsible for data processing, quality control and client communications (until which time this position will fill that role).
The position is fundamentally a customer service oriented position for the primary purposes of providing key services for hospitality based companies, their owners and managers. Those services will include managing audit data; using that data to help our clients maximize their profits and revenues; providing purchasing recommendations; answering customer questions; and meeting with the clients on a regular basis.
This position requires a strong skill set in time management, industry knowledge and customer service skills. The schedule varies with occasional weekend or early morning work, very little out-of-town travel is required. Most of the work will be conducted at our client’s establishments and from a home-office. As the business grows, we may need to lease office space in a few years.
This position is accountable for all components of the business to include labor, managing receivables, training, best practices, scheduling, etc.
Specific Required Skills:
• Mathematical proficiency (solid understanding of percentages and other basic mathematics)
• Strong Customer Service skills
• Computer proficiency including Excel and Word literacy
• A comfort and willingness to cold-call and prospect to restaurants, bars, hotels, etc
• Alcohol and food knowledge as it relates to a hospitality business is helpful but not required
Initial Sixty(60) Day Position Requirements
• Complete assigned on-line Bevinco tutorials as assigned
• Complete our training program (one week in San Francisco plus four days in San Diego)
• Full software proficiency
• Understanding of all financial components including labor costs and efficiencies, revenues and receivables, audit rates and hours per audit.
• Spend the majority of the first 60 days prospecting for and starting up three new clients
• Hire and train one part-time inventory auditor
Success will be primarily measured on maintaining low client turnover, growth in revenues and accountability to the integrity of our brand.
Because this is a “start-up” territory, and initial revenues will be zero, the Director will be paid a salary in year one. Upon achieving reasonable, mutually-acceptable revenue targets, the Director will qualify for stock grants in addition to their salary in subsequent years. In addition, the position will include two (2) weeks paid vacation as well as health benefits.