Chef de Cuisine or strong sous chef for a busy new trattoria in Union Square. There's a strong cocktail focused bar scene that accompanies innovative small plates to share. Must have banquet experience! They offer Italian cuisine with locally sourced ingredients driving the California/Italian style.
The Executive Sous Chef will drive, assist and collaborate with the Culinary Leadership team to develop banquet and catering menu programs for the property. The Executive Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef with the daily operations of the culinary department, while Banquet Operations are the primary focus
. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company's goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
Major areas of responsibility/ management include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities include hiring, training and direct supervision of the hotel’s banquet culinary department. Evaluate performance; lend guidance, leadership, and discipline as needed with the assistance of the Executive Chef and culinary leadership team. Provide mentorship to Sous Chefs to grow and develop their knowledge and skills.
- Write, maintain and update all catering menu specifications, recipes and pictures, production forecasts, and ensure same are being followed.
- Attend all BEO meetings, create prep lists and maintain production standards for groups and events.
- Oversee banquet production flow and make adjustments in order to adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
- Review staffing levels and final schedule for the department to ensure that proper coverage is maintained while maintaining payroll costs in line with forecast.
- Monitor to ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating, and placing items in proper containers of kitchen and service.
- Check to see that all equipment in the kitchen is clean and in proper working condition, review daily cleanliness practices with culinary team and keep up with daily cleaning schedule
- Minimum of 5 years’ service experience, with 3 years’ of leadership experience in the kitchen
- Recipe development, food costing practices, labor management, team building and menu development experience
- Previous luxury service environment experience
- Standalone restaurant experience
- Culinary Degree from an accredited culinary program