Seeking a Buffet Chef for one of Sacramento’s best hotels. The position requires an experienced and strong leader who has experience in a high-volume, high-pressure environment. Lots of opportunity for growth with an excellent and growing group.
TECHNICAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Salary: $70-80k, plus 15% bonus, benefits
- Two years of experience as a Chef or Sous-Chef
- Comfortable in a fine-dining environment
- Advanced understanding of cooking, knife handling skills, and training
- Must be organized, hands-on and lead by example
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Experienced with high-volume restaurants, hotels
Perform responsibilities in accordance with all Company standards, policies, and procedures. Under the direction of the Executive Chef and Asst. Exec. Chef. The buffet Chef assists to ensure smooth and efficient BOH operations. Provide ability to reduce food costs, manage labor costs to budget. Preventative kitchen maintenance to insure repairs and service are completed. Manage sanitation and safety to accepted health codes and regulations
Have administrative skills and computer skills. Have strong verbal and written communication skills. Manage smooth operational flow with front of the house to ensure guest satisfaction. Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Supervise, coordinate, training and oversees kitchen staff in all preparation and presentation from back kitchen to line. Responsible for maintaining quality and quantity control, par levels, product in sheets.
- Provides input and suggestion for menu revisions and daily operations.
- Creates weekly schedule for kitchen staff and special events.
- Follow proper health department rules & regulations, HACCP, sanitation, and safety procedures. Complete and pass Safe Serve Certification.
- Operates and oversees use of equipment and kitchen appliances. Contacting engineering for repair service on equipment or kitchen maintenance.
- Maintains standards of sanitation, kitchen hygiene, and food service techniques and safety. Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that Team Members follow standards and regulations.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within the main kitchen with Exec. Chef and Asst. Exec. Chef.
- Meet with customers to discuss related food topics or investigate guest complaints and potentially solve the issue.
- Record production, office and operational data on specified forms and folders
- Follow all Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all financial issues for specific outlet – P&L and G&L
- Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Follow set schedules and specific job duties
- Maintain personal grooming and uniform standards pursuant to policies.
- Treat each Team Member with care, dignity, fairness and respect.
- Display and encourage teamwork in the department.
- Communicate on a consistent basis with all managers; keep them abreast of all department activities.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by Director of Food and Beverage
- Follow SOP’s, recipe books and guidelines and have all necessary supplies to provide consistency and quality for 5-Star guest service.
- Maintain cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies
- Ensure that kitchen and equipment are in good working order and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notify a supervisor immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good working order.
- Possess the ability to work hands-on in any kitchen environment, including those involving a three-meal period and high volume production. Majority of the production will be frying, sautéing, griddling, carving, broiling, and steaming all meats, fish, vegetables and poultry. May include cold salads, sandwiches, cold displays, salad dressings, slicing deli meats and cheese for guest services according to standard’s and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Must be able to read all tickets and organize all staff for a timely production
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Culinary Management.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org