A skilled Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager is needed to assist the Chef in providing excellent quality and presentation of all food prepared for guests in the restaurant. The Sous Chef will assist the Chef in all daily operations of the kitchen, including management of staff, safety procedures, and continual staff training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Perform cooking techniques – sautéing, butchery, grilling, etc. in food preparation
Handle food properly, including washing, mixing, rinsing, portioning, etc.
Understand all kitchen safety procedures
Maintain an organized and clean work area/station at all times
Break down and sanitize assigned area at the end of shift
- Prevent food waste
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Train employees; assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve
Assist the restaurant in meeting financial targets
* Must have at least 2 years of recent Sous Chef experience
* Ability to provide or complete Food Handler certification and renew as necessary.
*Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, recipe books, and procedural
- Proper knife handling skills and techniques
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds and regularly move items weighing between 10 & 20 pounds
- An acute sense of taste and smell
- The ability to be continuously standing for long periods of time
Salary: 40-50K plus Medical, Dental, Vision, Bonus, Vacation, Sick Time, Dining
Please email resumes to: email@example.com