Director of Training
One of the West Coast’s premier casinos is looking for an experienced Director of Training. The Director responsibilities include acting as a partner with the VP of Human Resources to ensure that Guest Service and Leadership Development needs of the organization are met.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the implementation of training initiatives/activities. Formulate and coordinate the training schedules, and market training initiatives to generate excitement and interest in the curriculum.
- Analyze and assess training needs to develop new training courses/programs or to modify and improve existing programs. Confer with management, supervisory personnel and leaders to identify training needs based on projected property goals.
- Design and develop new training courses based upon needs utilizing the most effective methods of delivery such as individual training, classroom training, demonstrations, job aids, on-the-job training, conferences, and workshops.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training programs and instructor performance to implement modifications and improvements when needed.
- Develop and organize training books, manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Prepare training budget for department. Monitor monthly expenses to ensure that expenditures are made within budgetary requirements.
- Provide administrative assistance such as filing and copying. Conduct data entry into training database and prepare reports of training attendance. Prepare training packets and materials. Order and maintain an inventory of supplies.
- Edit all training materials to ensure that such materials are current and provide effective management tools and techniques.
- Assist with the development of all in-house training materials as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Education, Training and Development, or Instructional Design is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ previous casino industry experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to facilitate leadership and Guest service curriculum.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of adult learning.
- Knowledge of training techniques.
- Ability to apply instructional design techniques to design and develop leadership and Guest service curriculum.
- Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination, and execution, including, strategic planning, resource allocation, and leadership techniques.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to operate computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Access.
- Ability to exercise effective organizational and time management skills.
- Experience managing and tracking expenditures.
- Skill in dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to perform tasks independently without day-to-day supervision.
- Skill in using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with difficult situations.
- Skill in using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Skill in contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or individual goals, objectives and activities.