Our award winning restaurant company has branched off to create a commissary operation.
In a short time our commissary operation has grown to provide exceptional quality and service to several clients outside of our own related locations. We are continuing to grow and looking for an experienced Production / Kitchen Manager to partner with our GM and Executive Chef
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the products and people are safe and manage regulatory compliance requirements as defined by OSHA, FDA, EPA, and County.
- Comply with safety requirements and practices
- Involvement in monthly facility Safety Audits.
- Follow guidelines and demand strict adheres to OSHA standards on a daily basis.
- Adhere strictly to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) to ensure product quality.
- Focus on ensuring a safe, sanitary, accident free production area, while increasing productivity and exceeding client satisfaction and company production objectives.
- Ensure product meets client standards.
- Implement Quality policies and procedures including; HACCP, metal detection, recall procedures,hold procedures and lot traceability
- Develop and modify operating procedures for processes, data collection, and process operating guidelines.
- Suggesting and supporting initiatives for commissary productivity.
- Impact quality results through process measurements and process control.
- Provide solid employee development programs to include routine, consistent communication and training.
- Utilize external training resources to develop location specific training to strengthen workforce.
- Coordinate and maintain all employees adhere to all monthly training meetings.
- Assist with inventory, ordering, receiving and product storage
- Ensure all recipes and build specs are followed.
- Consistency in leading a team with good communications.
- Coordinate activities between all shifts and lead employees in the commissary.
- Communicate with management on daily needs of production and commissary.
- Coordinate all daily, weekly, monthly sanitation and deep cleaning projects
Skills / Proficiencies:
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Inventory experience.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, 5 S and Kaizen.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and training.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal communication skills and problem solving minded.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible full time schedule that may include weekends and Holidays
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in supervision in a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience in high volume production.
- Experience managing more than 10 employees
- Experience with HACCP standards and requirements
Report to and partner with the General Manager
Positive attitude and commitment to building a positive environment and healthy productive organization.
Ability to perform all above referenced duties and expectations
Moderate knowledge of Excel
Basic computer knowledge
Must be able to pass a 10 yr criminal background check and TSA security threat assessment in order to receive a security badge
Base salary 70-75K plus lucrative bonus potential, individual medical benefits, 401k