A fast growing restaurant group is looking for an experienced Assistant General Manager for their latest project.... it is a classic American restaurant and bar. Focused on creating regular guests in a fun and enthusiastic environment.
We are looking for someone that is passionate, motivated, fun to work with, and organized. You should be comfortable in a high volume environment with a bustling bar scene, and able to manage a large staff.
- Oversee and manage restaurant floor and make responsible decisions on matters of service
- Maintain excellent standards to meet operational expectations
- Manage shifts including: ensuring proper setup and breakdown of stations, adequate staffing and equipment, smooth transition from AM to PM, etc.
- Educate and coach floor staff. Assist and provide training to staff and offer incentives when necessary
- Assist the team in providing excellent customer service
- Examine food and beverage preparation
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Monitor timing of the guest experience
- Respond to complaints and take appropriate actions for guest recovery
- Coordinate with General Manager for everyday operation and assist in maintaining financial and administrative records
- Coordinate with team to meet sales targets, ensure guest satisfaction and follow company procedures to increase productivity
- Ordering and inventory of spirits, wine, coffee, tea, paper products
- Comfortable with Microsoft office suite
- The ability to communicate clearly up and down the chain
Relevant Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- 1 year + management experience a bonus
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge, specifically in spirits, wine and beer
- Problem-solving & delegation
- Initiative & follow through
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word) and restaurant POS systems