Come to Ashland and work for this highly acclaimed Hotel Group!! Amazing "Quality of Life" opportunity for the right candidate. Work Hard and play hard in this beautiful area in Oregon.
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Manager oversees all aspects of a banquet or event, including set-up, menu selection and food presentation, serving, and cleanup while focusing on detail and quality presentation and customer service. Banquet manager is also responsible for all aspects of supervision of banquet staff including: hiring, training, coaching and disciplining of banquet staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains constant communication with guests and on-site contact to ensure all expectations are met or exceeded.
- Remains alert of complaints and/or unsatisfied guests and responds appropriately to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Coordinates with other staff and departments to arrange for the delivery of requested services.
- Maintains constant contact with kitchen staff to ensure complete effective communication between food production and food service.
- Ensures all functions are set and staff is prepared and organized before required time on BEO. Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware and condiments for correct placement and ensures that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive.
- Ensures proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables.
- Monitors banquet team members to ensure all operating procedures are followed.
- Supervises clearing and post function cleanup and garbage removal.
- Maintains clean and orderly back areas, pre-function areas and storage areas.
- Ensures staff training programs are implemented and measured regularly.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to build rapport and ensure colleagues are well informed.
- Clearly projects the visions of the department and measures progress.
- Provides regular feedback to employees regarding performance expectations and opportunities for growth and development.
- Meticulously plans events with Captains to ensure execution is achieved at the highest level.
- Conducts regular meetings with catering managers and catering director to ensure the needs of the clients are being met.
- Conducts regular meetings with the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage and Catering Managers to continuously evaluate strategies and ideas for enhancements to benefit the guests’ experience.
- Ensures payroll is reviewed and finalized as set forth by the policy of the hotel.
- Reviews scheduling and labor needs to meet the guests’ needs as well as maximize efficiency.
- Willing to perform other job-related tasks that may not be included in this job description
This Hotel Group offers their employees a generous medical/dental/vision benefit package, 401k plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), gym membership discounts and excellent discounts to hotels, restaurants and spa.
- Previous food & beverage supervisory experience is required
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage operations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to create a positive team dynamic with fellow managers and staff
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results
- Must have a passion for hospitality
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, days, weekends and holidays