Manager of Labor Relations-Casino
Salary: $95k, plus bonuses and benefits
Exciting and rare opportunity to join the team of a 4-Diamond Casino! We are looking for an experienced and professional individual who will uphold all of the standards our client has been known for. Responsibilities include negotiating and administering labor contracts, providing day – to – day advisory service to management with respect to labor relations and employment law.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting the Casino’s “Winning Attitude” Company-wide culture and demonstrating their 4- Diamond standards at all times.
- Interact with Executive Committee members on “big picture” issues involving our Team Members at all levels, lending advice and counsel to them on their own interpersonal and/or performance challenges.
- Maintains an ongoing liaison with all union representatives and coordinates/participates in all labor-management meetings.
- Administer the company grievance and disciplinary process for Team Members represented by a Collective Bargaining Agreement. Represents the company at arbitrations and mediations.
Review all involuntary terminations of Team Members (beyond introductory period), and stay abreast of all sensitive Team Member relations issues, lending support and direction as needed
- Reviews with all levels of management the status of ongoing general labor issues and contractual obligations. Creates and distributes reports to labor-management representatives as needed.
- Monitors ongoing labor relations issues to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance. Recommends and advises management on the interpretation of existing labor agreements.
- Maintain fiscal control of protection of Company revenue through benefits, turnover and litigation control.
- Maintain departmental budget according to policies to include ongoing expense review, approval and tracking, and preparation of data for monthly P& L’s.
- Attend and facilitate focus groups for various departments to ensure Team Member satisfaction and assist with all Human Resources functions as needed.
- Minimum of five (5) years labor relations experience; at least three (3) years in management preferred, casino experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience presenting arbitration cases.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to relate well with all levels of organization; strong listening and critical thinking skills.
- Broad knowledge of labor relations and federal and state employment laws.
To apply, send resume to: email@example.com