GREAT Opportunity for Proven Chef
Successful NY Restaurant Group is searching for an experienced chef. This is a wonderful opportunity to be a part of a fast growing team.
• Monitor and ensure quality, effective and efficient kitchen operations
• Ability to oversee and run multiple food units with different menus
• Complete menu theoretical
• Ensure that production of all food adheres to the strictest of company specifications
• Recommend menu development as appropriate for restaurant concept
• Ensure food preparation, ingredient freshness and control, appropriate cooking, presentation and customer satisfaction.
• Lead line cook position when/if needed
• Accountable and responsible for Food and Labor cost
• Create and execute Weekly Specials
• Conduct Weekly Trips to the Green Market
• Maintain complete contact with Vendors and Business partners
• Ensure standards of cleanliness and organization in the kitchen
• Maintain inventory: order, receive and account for all food products and purchases
• Ensure hiring most qualified, highest quality and professional personnel.
• Train, monitor, evaluate and manage kitchen staff performance
• Schedule all kitchen/ utility staff weekly, ensuring cost-effective and efficient staffing and adherence to labor budgets.
• Lead effective staff communication meetings on a regular basis. Monitor kitchen postings for compliance and communication.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Culinary Arts Degree
• Professional culinary training and experience
• Exemplary product knowledge, skill and presentation
• Creative and innovative within brand protocols
• Knowledge of and commitment to food sanitation and kitchen safety
• Ability to close or open the kitchen with flexible scheduling
• Complete understanding of documentation and coaching of hourly crewmembers
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to hire, train and supervise kitchen crewmembers
• Ability to work as part of the restaurant, crew and management team
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Consistent role model for the rest of the crew
• High integrity and work ethic
• Highly self-motivated
• Ability to clear background check
Salary: $80-100k, plus bonus.
Send Resumes to: Karen@uppercrustrecruiters.com