This growing and very successful restaurant group is seeking a Chef for their newest location in the North Bay!
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing and participating with a culinary management team in all aspects of the kitchen, managing and training kitchen staff, food cost, inventory, supervising production of food, ensuring food quality according to company standards.
- Strong balance of leadership and managerial skills. Able to guide and develop staff, while setting clear expectations and holding them accountable.
- Strong foundation in culinary technique with a fundamental understanding of how to manage a daily changing, market-driven menu.
- Participating in daily and weekly meetings with the General Manager to strategize and discuss all issues relating to food quality, purveyor relations, HR, food costs, and maintenance of the environment.
- Keeping orderly records of purveyor information and order sheets. Participate in the recording and development of recipes in use on our menus, and disseminated to all workers to whom these are relevant tools.
- Using good judgment in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment in accordance with Health Department and Safety standards.
- Exercising good judgment and honesty in all areas of the responsibilities
- Basic computer skills including Excel, Word, Ctuit, Micros, etc. are required
- 1 to 3 years experience as a Chef in a high paced environment
- Culinary degree is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with food costing
- Decision making & organizational skills
- Proactive, punctual, and communicative
- Ability to work efficiently and within a team environment, positive attitude.
- Food knowledge
- Working ability in Spanish is a plus
- Must be a cultural fit
Competitive compensation, benefits and bonus. Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org