The Sous Chef is responsible for execution of the culinary programs at our company. You will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality and excellence, maximum profits, and the support of our mission, vision, values, and management philosophy. The culinary program will be used in all catering events to promote our philosophy for fresh, healthful, innovative cuisine.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the creation and refinement of the culinary applications for our kitchen that support our goal of being the preeminent caterer in the Bay Area.
- Create and develop food sources, recipes and menus in support of our culinary strategy.
- Assist in the development of culinary procedures and activities to support our policies working closely with the Executive Chef as well as incorporating specific site requirements, client relations and considerations.
- Plan and prepare menus for special events to promote our image and philosophy.
- Participate and keep abreast of industry activities and direction; assist in benchmarking studies to ensure competitiveness and strategic direction.
- Manage the culinary activities (high volume food service operation) dedicated to quality, efficiency and maximization of resources and to meet our marketing and financial goals.
- Provide leadership and direction in food style and techniques and a positive can-do attitude that keeps staff motivated and enthusiastic during peak periods. Provide direction to kitchen staff in preparing recipes.
- Order fresh foods needed; ensure proper storage, health and safety of all food items; receive food items delivered while on duty, verifying invoice and checking quality and quantity – striving for the fines products at the best possible cost; return items of inferior quality to suppliers for credit.
- Ensure that the overall food aesthetics consistently reflect our image and style, working closely with the Executive Chef, Owner, Sales Managers and their staffs.
Required Experience: Significant amount (3+ years) of demonstrated lead chef experience in all areas of high-end food and beverage operations required. Degree/Certificate in Culinary Arts, Catering or Restaurant Management or related field, or equivalent, and formal apprenticeship under recognized master chef. Supervisory and people management experience. Experience in both high-end and high volume operations required.
Competitive salary plus bonus. Submit resume to email@example.com