Successful and growing San Francisco-based restaurant group seeks an experienced Pastry Chef to join their team. Candidate needs to be comfortable managing a team and have at least 3 years of similar experience. They will be responsible for staffing, managing food and labor costs, and maintaining high quality standards with all bakery/pastry products. They will be creative and passionate about the art of baking and have advanced skills in the craft of patisserie and bread baking.
Their company promotes from within and has many opportunities for growth. They offer a handsome benefits package including medical coverage, company-wide dining discounts, and culinary trips abroad.
- Oversee all pastry menus in bakery and cafe; ensuring quality and consistency in their execution.
- Create all new menu items
- All menu items are to be reflective of the season.
- Maintain quality standards of baked goods produced by the bakery, especially attentive to look, color, texture, and taste, generating a consistent product every time.
- Maintain recipe standards to ensure that food is produced to specifications.
- Use and source out only the best product at the best price within the context of our business model.
- Ensure all pastry is fresh, properly stored and prepared.
- Manage food cost for bread and pastry.
- Oversee and manage monthly inventories for any and all pastry products.
Employee Hiring and Training
- Manage pastry labor cost at budgeted percentage.
- Actively shop products and secure the best possible price.
- Complete new hire paperwork
- Oversee that pastry cook methods and habits are consistent with quality standards.
- Foster wellness, morale and positive attitude for kitchen employees.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for pastry employees.
Salary: 65-75K plus other perks!
Please send resumes to: email@example.com