The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations a team of mobile food concepts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, production planning and execution, quality and safety controls, day-to-day operations, budgeting, cost controls, purchasing, inventory, hiring and management of staff.
Education and Experience:
- Direct management of a team of mobile food concepts and up to 20 staff
- General management of entire truck fleet and team
- Quality Assurance
- Use of systems: concept management, scheduling of team members, adjusting game plan, fleet maintenance and set up and break down of service locations
- Schedule staff, manage time sheets, input numbers
- Minimum of 2 years as a Manager or Sous Chef in a full-service restaurant, catering, food truck or similar
- College degree preferred, or equivalent work history/experience. Bachelor’s degree in hotel/restaurant/hospitality management desirable
- Knowledge of multiple cuisines, and thorough knowledge of multiple cooking techniques
- Experience in successfully managing, motivating and developing a culinary / kitchen team of 10+ people
- Proficient in the following : food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, record keeping and preparation of reports
- Must possess or be able to obtain a California Food Handler’s Card before starting employment. ServSafe Manager certification required within 30-days of date of hire
- Must possess a current California Driver’s License and acceptable driving record per insurance company
- Thorough knowledge of all cooking techniques
- Strong working knowledge of professional cooking terminology
- Knowledge of special diets, especially vegetarian and vegan
- Knowledge of commercial kitchen operations
- Knowledge and ability to train and enforce food sanitation and safety requirements
- Keen ability to work quickly/efficiently, coordinating and leading all cooking and preparation efforts to produce exemplary products in a timely manner
- Ability to anticipate and solve practical problems, and deal with a variety of challenging variables in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lead, manage and develop a cohesive, top-performing and engaged team
- Possesses good judgment and attitude, with an excellent work ethic
- Ability to act with patience, tact and courtesy in dealing with staff, management, vendors, and guests at all times
- Able to work 50-60 hours in a work week, as needed
Salary: 55-60K plus great benefits!
- Experience using Mac, iPad, iPhone and other Apple products
- Possesses intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Google Docs
- Adept at utilizing basic office equipment: phones, computers (Mac preferred), fax machines, copiers, etc.
- Ability to accurately calculate estimate inventory, purchasing, recipe ingredient adjustments, staffing hours, etc.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com