Pastry Chef needed in Wine Country! The Pastry Chef will assist in all daily operations of the kitchen, including management of staff, safety procedures and continual staff training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and decorate a variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread
- Handle food properly, including washing, mixing, rinsing, portioning
- Understand use of all kitchen equipment according to established techniques
- Maintain an organized and clean work area/station at all times
- Bring to Chef’s attention any deficiency in quality or consistency that may be observed
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Maintain kitchen facilities as required and directed
- Train employees; assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems
- Assist the restaurant in meeting financial targets
- Ability to provide or complete Management Food Handler certification and renew as necessary
- Minimum 2 years similar pastry experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, recipe books, and procedural manuals.
Salary: 50-70K plus benefits!
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org