This popular gastropub in San Francisco is seeking an experienced Chef de Cuisine. The CDC must have exceptional skills in operating a high volume kitchen of 4M or more. Driven, executive-level Chef should be motivated to streamline menu items and create quality comfort food with consistency.
- Manage and direct a diverse crew of culinary professionals.
- Hire, coach, train and direct all culinary staff.
- Maintain proper scheduling, employee reviews and initiate pay changes as needed
- Develop Sous Chef and Lead Cook to take on additional leadership and management duties.
- Directly responsible for food control labor costs, menu changes and standardization of recipe production to ensure consistency.
- Establish presentation techniques and ensure quality standards.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance, proper safety and sanitation policies for the followed work areas
- Achieve 100% guest satisfaction through plate presentation and taste.
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude, which supports a team environment.
- Promotes positive public relations with guests.
- Maintain safety, including universal precautions, safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management and security
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Bachelor degree or related Culinary degree
-Minimum of four years of industry and culinary management experience.
-Demonstrate proven leadership abilities, commitment to customer service, strong organizational and time management skills.
-Menu development and pricing.
-Computer Skills; Microsoft Office applications.
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on experience plus benefits and bonus
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org